Positive Results, Lasting Solutions
Columbia's Family Law Attorneys, Balcerzak & Bartlett
Divorce causes feelings of loss and uncertainty and can make good people behave badly. Escalating emotions can cause people to make decisions they may later regret, hurting their children and other family members in the process.
At Balcerzak & Bartlett, we encourage couples to proceed through their divorces in a better, healthier way by using, when possible, collaborative law. The collaborative law process offers you not only your attorney, but a full support team of a mental health divorce coach for both parties, a financial neutral and a child expert. The team works with you to find the best resolution possible for your family. By agreeing to negotiate divorce terms outside of court, couples find themselves in control of the process and the results, not a judge.
To schedule an appointment with an experienced Columbia, Maryland, collaborative law attorney, call Balcerzak & Bartlett at 410-290-6600. You can also contact us online.
Our Successful Approach
- We listen to our clients so we understand your circumstances, your family, your differences and your goals in divorce.
- We protect your rights, interests, family and, most importantly, your children.
- We believe it is better to reach a supported negotiated settlement than go through the stress and expense of litigation.
- We are mindful of your financial resources. The collaborative law approach is often less expensive and less time-consuming than a traditional, litigated divorce.
Who We Are
Firm founders Ann M. Balcerzak and Marylen Tremaine Bartlett are both trained mediators, as well as members of IACP (International Academy of Collaborative Professionals), the Howard County Collaborative Professionals and the Maryland Collaborative Practice Council.
You Control Your Destiny in Divorce
With our substantial experience, we understand the difference between short-term victory and long-term loss in traditional courtroom litigation. Our role is to help you achieve a durable, positive resolution of your divorce disputes by guiding you through collaborative negotiations. The process of collaboration allows a divorcing couple to determine child custody, child support arrangements, alimony and property division, rather than having a judge impose those terms.
Family Law and Other Services
For more than 25 years, the experienced lawyers of Balcerzak & Bartlett have helped clients in sensitive legal matters involving your family, including:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child and spousal support
- Modifications of child custody, child support or spousal support orders
- Domestic violence and neglect issues
- Medical directives
- Powers of attorney
Contact us at 410-290-6600 to schedule an appointment with an experienced family law attorney.